Monday, August 22, 2005

How Taco Bell ruined my summer vacation...
or: is my memory failing me?

So today on the way to Beaverton, MI, from my brother's house in Canton, we stopped at Taco Bell to get a little dinner. OK, probably not the healthiest choice, but quick, and as my memory told me, also very delicious. Well, I was in for a most unpleasant surprise as my nachos arrived. I got a bit thing of chips with a big pile of meat on top with some sour cream and cheese. Ew. I don't eat meat. So I went back inside (we were going to eat while driving) and asked "What is this?" The guy said it was the nachos I ordered. But the nachos I used to get had beans and guacamole and sour cream and all sorts of delicious fattening things on top. And I was informed that there is no such thing. So I checked the Taco Bell website. My nachos should've contained:
A large platter of crisp, freshly prepared tortilla chips covered with hearty beans, seasoned ground beef, warm nacho cheese sauce, diced ripe tomatoes, fresh green onions and cool sour cream.
Well, okay. I guess I forgot that I used to order them without the meat. But otherwise it was still wildly incorrect.
So because I couldn't eat the nachos because of my meat issue, I ordered one of these. Which was also okay, but not nearly as good as I remembered it. Have my taste buds changed? Am I now a picky eater? Maybe I should boycott Taco Bell, as so many hip people do because of their unethical farming practices. I think the world and my digestive system would be better places for that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi friend,

I have found this blog very useful. If you want to check out my site come visit me at

Marketing Ebook

See you soon

Anonymous said...

In addition to low prices, many Directv MO offers include FREE installation and equipment.

check out my site on Directv MO

Anonymous said...

Start-Up Unveils Searchable, Wiki-Ready, Do-It-Yourself Web Kits
FUSING TWO WEB TRENDS, SEARCH personalization and consumer-generated content, a fresh Internet entrant named Jeteye Inc.

Hello.

Interesting blog of yours. I'm going to check back often!
I have a diesel cars related page
which pretty much covers diesel cars related stuff.