Thursday, January 28, 2010

Look at all those flowers!











































I just took the last of these flowers to the compost pile today...these were all flowers I got for my birthday a couple weeks ago. I don't even want to talk about how old I am, but from the flowers you can see it was a big one. Thanks to everyone for the beautiful flowers! I think the only time I got more flowers than for this birthday was when Wilhelm was born!


















In other news, I have been busy. Inspired by way too expensive mobile lamps at the store, I decided to make this cheap-o 5 Euro lamp into something cool. I decided on planets, and bought a bunch of styrofoam balls last week, painted them up, jabbed in some wire and added some beads, and voila! The kids have a neat planet lamp!
























I was also knitting for a while, but for some reason, I have sort of lost my desire to do this. This was the first hat I made for Friedrich. I also made one for Wilhelm with the same colors, but with earflaps, but it turned out a bit small, and I can't find the picture of it. It will be okay though when it is not so cold outside, but for now he needs a seriously insulated hat because it is cold here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
QuirkMuseum said...

Hi, I found you by going to next blog from mine. I like your photo of the planets lamp. Thinkin I might do a drawing from it. What you think? Mike

QuirkMuseum said...

You Qualify! I'll let you know when I'm done and it's posted. Probably 3 to 5 days. Have a Great weekend.