Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mud bogg 2nite Lloyd's 38th

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of that dandy spray painted sign out by the road just around the corner of my house, but tonight there is a mud bog event in my neighborhood. Apparently because it's Lloyd's 38th birthday. For the uninitiated, mud boggin' is a favorite pastime of rural folk. Basically, you flood a field, creating the muddy "bog" and get all your friends with big jacked up, rigged up trucks with big tires and four-wheel drive to come and drive in the mud. Yeah, that's it. I don't know how this can be fun or entertaining, but it sure is for my neighbors, and for lots of other people around here.

By the way, I had a dream that I came back to Dresden for the weekend and didn't want to return to the United States on Sunday. That's pretty close to reality.

No comments: